Razor Clamming On The Oregon Coast
You will find more information for razor clamming at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (OFDW).
- You will need to purchase an Oregon shellfish license to dig razor clams. You can purchase one online at the OFDW, or at many of the local shops. We purchased ours at Fred Meyer.
- If you are not an Oregon resident, you will pay more for your license. You have the option to purchase a three-day pass, or an annual pass. Please bring your driver's license and social security number. Once you purchase a license, you will be in the Oregon State system and will no longer need your social security number. You will be in the State database for life.
- Children cost less. Please make sure you bring their social security numbers, too. You will pay a lot more if you do not. (We did.)
- In our opinion, it was easier to use shovels, than PVC clam diggers.
- At dusk, bring flashlights or headlamps.
- Check the shellfish schedule through OFDW before you leave. Sometimes there restrictions on the schedule.
- Remember to check the tide schedule.